Friday 4 January 2013

New year, new start, new challenge

2013 Hopefully the connotations of the number 13 will not set the tone for this year! I am busy writing and re-organising as well as attempting to be more organised in the marketing department-a tall order! I have a number of bookings for the next few months which is heartening, but need to work on reaching a much wider audience. If only this side of things was a easy and enjoyable as the writing process.

I am also in negotiation with English Heritage over a number of issues, including the disastrous effects of the recent flooding. Whatever the rights and wrongs-opinions vary massively-urgency/frequency/damage etc we do need to assess what can be undertaken to improve the situation because a soggy, messy abbey will attract no new visitors and could even put off future guests. Furness Abbey Fellowship have some exciting ideas and are planning events for the spring and summer, as well as looking for some funding to support these. Our membership scheme will be launched later this month and we are applying for charitable status which will hopefully be completed soon. The task of rehabilitating the abbey is a huge one and is going to take considerable effort and time to facilitate-but we are all committed to seeing this through. You can join our Facebook Group and Fan Page  below
http://www.facebook.com/groups/254495021310017/

http://www.facebook.com/groups/254495021310017/


or follow us on Twitter @FAFellowship

 However, back to the writing! I am still endeavouring to acquire more reviews for the online sites like Waterstones, Google Books and Amazon and of course Troubador Publishing. I have none for Raven's Hoard and would welcome any reviews posted or sent to me. I hope to travel farther and wider this year in order to develop the reader base and I am available for a variety of events-just let me know if you would like me to visit.

Lastly, do follow me on Twitter-@gilljep and visit my facebook page and click Like on -

http://www.facebook.com/GillJepsonOutofTime 

and take a look at the updated website- www.out-of-time.co.uk


and take a peek at this great blog too 

http://www.abbeywatch.blogspot.co.uk/

Hopefully, it will be a busy and productive year...all the best for 2013


Iron Shepherds re-enactment and living history group



No comments:

Post a Comment