Friday 16 August 2013

Summer events-Medieval Fair at Furness Abbey


I've been busy with writing new chapters of Out of Time 3:The Cistercian Conspiracy and working for my new Press Officer post too. I am sending the books off to agents as well as I think I need some help in taking writing to the next level. But mostly...I have been organising along with colleagues from Furness Abbey Fellowship the Medieval Fair at the end of August in Furness Abbey.
Some of the FAF Committee

It should be a good day and we have finalised most of the details for the day. The big event is the Abbot's crosier and the ring returning for the day. However we have a fantastic array of re-enactors, artists, performers, craftsmen and activities for the day. It is well worth a visit and all we need now are the visitors and the good weather.
The Cloister Range

Entry is the usual English Heritage fee of £4 for adults £3-40 concessions and £2-60 children. For this you have full access to the Medieval Fair and all activities and visits as well as seeing the crosier and ring and having tours of the building.
Medieval Fair at Furness Abbey 31 August from 10am to 4pm

No comments:

Post a Comment